I think it’s important to share what you’ve learned or what you know with other people. It’s the right thing to do, right? You might help someone who is out there doing the same struggle as you.
So, here’s me telling you a few things I’ve learned lately…
- If you need help… ask. Stop the spinning in your brain of whatever it is and ASK. If you can’t solve the problem yourself, figure out WHO can help you and forgive yourself for not knowing.
- Don’t be afraid to admit your love for Justin Bieber. It’s never too late to say SORRY. I guarantee that you have a friend out there who has his new album on repeat… or maybe that’s just me.
- When you go to NYC… eat everything. Try and order something you wouldn’t normally order or that you wouldn’t normally make yourself… it’s a little fun! (Did I just say fun? yep.) First photo: Nitro brew coffee from Stumptown coffee. Second photo: Nutella bacon waffle from Wafels & Dinges. Third photo: Chicken marsala pizza from Pizza Italia. I ordered this because the guy ahead of me in line told me it was the “ABSOLUTE BEST PIZZA YOU’LL EVER EAT”… it was pretty darn goooood.
- If you’re at a friend’s house, make sure you taste the white stuff before putting it into your coffee in case it’s actually salt so you can save your tastebuds from that terrible little surprise.
- If you think you don’t like brussel sprouts or feta cheese… try again because you actually probably like that stuff now. (Can you believe at one point that I didn’t think I liked bacon?!?!?!! Thank goodness I tried again) I’m still working on peanut butter and bananas… not really a fan… still.
- GET THE BAG. The one that stopped you in your tracks in Chelsea Market. Had you standing there with heart eyes because it was in your favorite colors and the colors that match your photography brand. Then you went home, took a shower, texted your mom a picture of the bag and she gave you this advice:**Another note** When I went back to get the bag (literally 45 minutes later). I told the guy that I was there earlier and I couldn’t stop thinking about “the bag”… he said, “I know… I saw you with your backpack on and you left. But I knew you’d be back because you kept picking the bag up and putting it down.” (YESSS THAT WAS ME!!! hahahaha) Shoutout to Grey56 Leather for my new FAVORITE bag.
- Netflix IS actually the best. The best when all you want to do on a Sunday is binge watch a TV show because you can.
- When you think you’ve lost your coat because it’s not hanging in the coat closet, it’s not in your actual closet, it’s not draped over a chair, it’s not in your car, it’s NO WHERE… take a deep breath because it’s actually under your bed.
- Do yourself a favor and take all the cups from your room downstairs. Because when you open the cupboard and your favorite water cup isn’t there, it’s probably in that stack you’ve hoarded in your room.
- Go brewery hopping. Shoutout to Sycamore Brewing in Charlotte for their Salty Coconut beer. Surprisingly, I loved it. Also, shoutout to Legion Brewing for the delicious Caroline Sparkle – how can you not order that when you’re in the North Carolina? **TIP: When you order the Caroline Sparkle – all they require is jazz hands and they know exactly what you mean**
I hope you learned a little something! Though it may be funny, I’m sure you have your own moments to share. So, tell me what you know in the comments below!
Happy Monday friends – stay tuned for the Best of 2015: Weddings coming later this week!!
VIEW MORE RECENT POSTS BELOW: