March 25, 2016
My 27th birthday is right around the corner… eeeek! It’s on Sunday – which is also Easter – hence posting this post today because people won’t be logging into the blog scene on a Sunday/holiday. SO… 27, hey now! I don’t really feel like I’m talking about myself. TWENTY-SEVEN! Sounds like an adult… am I an adult? (Here’s a picture of me on my 1st birthday…)
In honor of my 27th birthday, I’m here to share with you 27 things about me…
- My favorite flower is the hydrangea! My mom gave me some for my 18th birthday and we STILL have a bush of them (from then) in our garden! But… below is not our garden… that’s a cute garden in Muswell Hill, London. #sobritish
- I watch more Netflix than actual TV. I recommend: The Killing, Bloodline, The Fall, or my favorite classic, Gilmore Girls (that I’m currently watching while typing this. #teamjess)…
- I REALLY want to see Coldplay in concert someday… like really bad. They are one of those bands that you just like forever. or maybe that I just like for forever. They have so many songs that I can listen to and remember that time in my life!
- Even though my sisters and I live in different states – we’re still really close! Thank you texting and snapchat 🙂
- I LOVE mailing letters. I have a drawer in my dresser dedicated to cute stationary… a whole drawer!
- My guilty pleasure TV show is The Bachelor & The Bachelorette! Any #BachelorNation fans out there?
- I listen to a wide range of music! I am constantly adding new songs to my Spotify playlists! I’ve been to over 60 concerts! Including: Mumford & Sons, Taylor Swift, and Luke Bryan. SO EXCITED to see Vance Joy (TONIGHT!) and SUPER excited to see Justin Bieber in April!!!! Do you beliebe? (Note the Bieber cutout – a friend of mine had one in college. HA!)
- My love for hard cider started when I visited Ireland when I was 16. Bulmer’s always has a place in my heart, but I’m in love with Bold Rock Hard Cider located in Nellysford, VA! (They also have a delicious charcuterie plate… #yesfood)
- I have 8 pairs of TOMS… I have a problem! My first pair was Olive Green and it snowballed from there… my current favorites are the black sparkles and a teal pair with a pink & orange design… yep.
- I’m one of those few Winter lovers. I love a good snowstorm and loveee to ski. Unfortunately I didn’t get to hit the slopes this year.
- If I have the option between regular fries and sweet potato fries… sweet potato fries win every time.
- I like condiments. BBQ, Ranch, Mustard, Honey Mustard… BUT I can’t deal with spicy so hot sauce is out.
- I graduated from Hollins University in Roanoke, VA in 2011! I’m going back for my FIVE year reunion this June! Interesting fact: Hollins has no mascot!
- I always carry a tube of Chapstick with me. My favorite kind is Strawberry Chapstick!
- I *STILL* like making mixed CDs for my friends. You want one?!
- There are so many cities I want to go to in the US… Nashville, Charleston, and Seattle are my top 3 at the moment! (BUT on SUNDAY – I’m headed out on a cruise to the Bahamas!! Ahhh – I’ve never been on a cruise!!!)
- I really dig breakfast food: grits, eggs, & waffles are my fave. and donuts… definitely donuts.
- I love coffee and I also love it iced… no matter what time of year it is. and when I say coffee, it must be Starbucks. (#coffeesnob)
- I used to be terrified of rollercoasters and then my mom convinced me to ride the Anaconda at Kings Dominion (where it goes upside down!) and then I became obsessed…but I haven’t been to an amusement park in years!
- I think I’m the only adult in the world who likes Jell-O. Orange Jell-O is the best.
- I will always be the first one in the water at the beach, lake, or any body of water. I don’t like to tan much because I hate being hot which probably explains #10 a little better!
- When I was 10 years old I wanted to be an actress and ice cream truck driver when I grew up. I’m here to report that I am neither of those things.. but it’s never too late to change my mind, right?!
- As most people know, I studied abroad in London in college and it was the BEST TRIP EVER! I wish I could go back to Europe EVERY year!
- When I was younger, I was obsessed with watching old Elvis Presley movies and the Brady Bunch. I even had themed birthday parties for both! For the Brady Bunch party, my mom created a song about me to the tune of the opening song… she called it the Brett Lee Bunch.
- I’ve been to 10 countries: Canada, Mexico, Ireland, Spain, Scotland, England, France, Italy, Croatia, and Montenegro.
- One of my favorite movies is She’s The Man because #1 it’s hilarious and #2 CHANNING TATUM.
- Oh wow, 27th fact… how can I make this profound? Um… I’m not done with this list? There are too many things to say… 27th fact – contemplating this list now – oh jeez. 27th fact – my favorite color is green. (but in the past my favorite colors have been blue and red but for now it’s green.)