May 8, 2017
WEEKENDER RECAP: SISTERS, BRITTLAND ESTATES, & THE CAPITOL
This last weekend actually felt super long! Probably because my sister from NYC came home on Thursday night and we kicked off the weekend then! Family dinner Thursday night followed by family day at Dirt Farm Brewing (unbelievable views that day!) with burgers in One Loudoun.
Saturday was WEDDING DAY for Morgan and Steve at Brittland Estates – currently working on uploading and culling those images today! It was a super relaxed day and we lucked out by having no rain – only a little bit of wind. The temps were perfect and the day ran so smoothly! Morgan looked absolutely GORGEOUS in her dress and Steve was beaming as she walked down the aisle in the garden facing the river. Everyone danced the night away (including me — don’t stop believinnnnn) and probably went home with confetti in their hair – epic exit!
Morgan turned 24 on SUNDAY!!!! Baby sister ain’t so baby anymore. The morning was lazy with coffee/family time followed by dropping Erica off at Union Station to go back to NYC and the rest of us wandering around the city for a few hours just to walk and “see what we see.” It was the perfect day! Happy birthday to that cute little “fire chief”…
THE WEEKEND 5
- If you haven’t wandered over to Dirt Farm Brewing in Bluemont — make a day trip NOW! Epic views (the same ones from Bluemont Vineyard), delicious craft beer (I loved the Fluster Cluck this weekend), and soft pretzel bites. Win, win, WIN!
- There should really be a wind test on all dresses. I’m still searching for the best wind resistant dress. All I can say is thank goodness I was wearing shorts underneath.
- Morgan and Steve threw a beautiful wedding at Brittland Estates! Everything was SO stress free because every part of the wedding day was 2 steps away from each other. Getting ready, ceremony, reception – all right there! I can’t wait to shoot there again!
- MORGAN TURNED 24 on SUNDAY! I love her so much and I can’t wait to see what this 24th year holds for her! Lots to look forward to this year!
- You never know who you’re going to meet but you might just meet the nicest officer at the Capitol who lets you (and your whole family) use the bathroom even though the Capitol is closed to the public.
It was a great weekend! So happy to see my whole family together for a few days! Those days are so few and far between as we get older. I always look forward the next time we get to make family memories! Happy Monday everyone!